Friday, September 18, 2015

Beaded Holiday Ornaments

 
 
Christmas craft fair season is fast approaching and as I had not participated in any fairs for the past two years I decided this year to apply for a stall at a large fair run by Fingal County Council. I sent in my application last May not expecting to get a place but much to my surprise and delight I did. So now the busy crafting season starts for me in earnest !
 
 
 
Thanks to a very nice shipping buddy in the USA I  received the newest stitching kit from Papertrey Ink yesterday. I have bought this kit with the upcoming craft fairs in mind. I like how the items made from these kits have a well finished look. To keep my costs down I used some fabric which does not fray rather than felt for the mittens.
 I stitched the snowflake with my sewing/embroidery machine and then added some sequins and tiny beads. The mitten came together pretty easy and relatively inexpensively. I plan to make some simple sewing kits of these ornaments to sell too.
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous!!
    Love the red on white...
    and now I see about the snowflake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty, Anne. Making me feel all Christmassy!

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...